- Type/ Generator
- Width/ 22HP
- Power/ +125mA/-25mA
- Depth/ 25mm
CONTROL FORGE’s core functionality is drawn from the E-mu Morpheus’s insanely powerful (but hard to program on a two-line display) Function Generators. But now expanded into a supremely flexible modulation source encompassing elaborate one-shot contours, evolving cyclical patterns and sequences of arbitrary length and complexity.
- At its most basic, it’s an 8-segment function generator with variable time and target voltage level for each segment.
- Each segment’s level can be defined either absolutely or relative to the ending level of the previous stage and can optionally be quantized to the nearest 1/12 volt.
- Each segment’s level may have a user defined range of randomness of either linear or gaussian distribution.
- The time scale may be modulated under CV control or manually via the encoder during runtime.
- There are 67 different transition shapes between segments (indicated graphically on the display during selection), from linear and exponential shapes to various flavors of random, chaotic, and many more that don’t lend themselves to one-word descriptions, including the ability to pass CVs directly through to the output for individual segments.
- Also included are “DC” shapes that allow the module to be used as a sequencer with all of the module’s available programmability. When combined with the Preset Sequencer described below, sequences can be hundreds of steps long and modified in real time manually or by CVs.
- Each segment may optionally have a conditional jump mode that results in a jump to another selected stage if a particular condition is met. E.g., a CV being above or below the selected conditional value, the presence or lack of a gate or logic high at their respective inputs, rising or falling edges at the inputs, etc. So, in addition to one-shot shapes, extremely elaborate cyclical patterns can be programmed that evolve based on the various conditional inputs.
- Control Forge’s AutoChain functionality allows the creation of two very specific kinds of multi-preset patterns: A multi-preset retriggerable pattern (like a long syncable LFO), and a multi-preset “envelope-like” pattern with retriggerablity, an optional sustain section, and a “release” section that’s jumped to on gate fall.
- Two independent triggers can be programmed to fire in response to a variety of events and can be used to affect either CONTROL FORGE itself or external modules.
- 500 presets can be saved and recalled
- A preset sequencer allows stepping through up to 200 user-defined series of presets under trigger, clock or manual control. This allows contours and sequences of almost unlimited length and complexity.
- All presets and sequences can be transferred to any number of Satellite modules, which can then operate as stand-alone modulation sources, completely independent of the Control Forge.
Download the Control Forge manual HERE
In stock. Shipping in 24 H.Contact
- Type/ Filter
- Width/ 16HP
- Power/ +85mA/-75mA
- Depth/ 28mm
At the core of the EVOLUTION Variable Character Ladder Filter is Dave Rossum’s enhancement of the iconic Moog ladder filter from the original E-mu Systems 2100 LPF module (which, incidentally, Dave counts as his favorite sounding of all of the analog filters he designed).
For EVOLUTION, Dave has designed new capabilities that not only allow you to dial in all of the outstanding qualities of the original 2100, but combine to let you create the sonic characteristics of a wide variety of other filter types.
Taken together, EVOLUTION gives you everything from the platonic ideal of the classic ladder filter to a vast selection of alternative filter characteristics.
And like all Rossum Electro-Music modules, it’s solidly built, with machined aluminum knobs and high quality components throughout.
Download de Evolution manual HERE
In stock. Shipping in 24 H.Contact
- Type/ Voice
- Width/ 18HP
- Power/ +135mA/-25mA
- Depth/ 25mm
With our MORPHEUS digital filter module, we’re finally able to unleash the full power of the 14-pole Z-Plane Filters that Dave invented for the E-mu Morpheus synthesizer.
The MORPHEUS Eurorack module includes over 280 filter configurations. Each configuration is composed of up to 8 complex filters that you can picture as being at the corners of a three dimensional cube. Morpheus gives you the ability to smoothly interpolate between those 8 filters within the cube’s three dimensional space.
Due to processor limitations back in the day, the original Morpheus was capable of real-time morphing in one dimension, but interpolation in the frequency and transform dimensions were set at note-on and remained static for the remainder of the note. But even with that limitation, Morpheus offered sonic capabilities that are unmatched to this day.
With the MORPHEUS filter module, you now have simultaneous real-time CV control of all three dimensions, for dynamic timbral effects unlike anything you’ve ever heard before. In stereo.
MORPHEUS features include:
- Over 190 14-pole filter configurations
- Real-time manual and CV control of Frequency, Morphing and Transformation
- The ability to save hundreds of customized filter configurations
- A sequencer for stepping through filter configurations under trigger or clock control
- A large OLED display for programming and realtime display of morphing
Like all Rossum Electro-Music digital modules, all parameters are available for adjustment with a single button press. No menu diving.
Download the Morpheus manual HERE
This product is being manufactured or shortly avalilable in overseas.
Shipping in 14-28 days. Contact for more infoContact
- Type/ Generator
- Width/ 12HP
- Power/ –
- Depth/ –
SATELLITE is a compact 12HP module that can be loaded with all of the presets and preset sequences from a Control Forge and then function as a completely stand-alone CV generator. Once the presets and preset sequences are transferred from the Control Forge (via a patch cord connection), SATELLITE no longer requires any connection to a Control Forge.
With one or more SATELLITES, Control Forge owners can take advantage of all of their presets and sequences in multiple cabinets or even different systems
Multiple SATELLITE can be programmed from the same Control Forge and synced together via their Gate inputs to create complex polyphonic sequences and modulation contours.
- Type/ Sampler
- Width/ 28HP
- Depth/ –
Designed to provide a powerful, flexible sampling engine for modular synthesis, the ASSIMIL8OR Multi-Timbral Phase Modulation Sampler module is the latest incarnation of Dave Rossum’s decades-long pioneering of affordable professional sampling technology.
ASSIMIL8OR provides eight independent channels of sampling with sound quality that can range from extremely hi-fi to low fi, all with extensive real-time CV control.
Key ASSIMIL8OR features will include:
- Eight-channel multi-timbral operation. Each channel will be available from its own independent output as well as appearing in the stereo mix output.
- Superb 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion.
- Mono or stereo sampling. Channels can be configured as eight mono voices, four stereo voices, or any combination. (Well, any combination that adds up to eight).
- Unique timbral capabilities with the ability to phase modulate samples by external analog signals or by other samples (a first, we believe).
- Variable sample fidelity with independently selectable sample rate and bit depth.
- Real-time CV control of bit depth.
- Extensive sample manipulation and looping capabilities.
- Sample scrubbing under CV control.
- One-shot or gated sample playback with variable release time in gated mode.
- Gate/trigger inputs and CV inputs for each sample that can be assigned independently for each channel to virtually any sample parameter. Examples include:Pitch
Release Decay (for gated sounds)
- A front panel accessible SD card for sample and preset storage.
- And a lot more…